29.4.16



This tree is both sad and beautiful. It's where my brother hung himself. Just hours ago everyone who knew him said goodbye in this park. I had no idea about how far and wide his love reached but I am not surprised. I spoke about the lessons he taught me and my voice broke but I was strong. As I wrapped my arms around the tree I spoke into the leaves and I said, Zake, I miss you but I'm glad you're okay now. I laughed and cried and felt peace. I told him about the tattoo I got yesterday for him in the spot we were getting matching tattoos. It's a Z and on the side it's an N. I kissed the branch. I will continue to come to this tree forever and ever as long as I live. We are all endlessly grateful to have had you.
(words by Nirrimi Joy Firebrace and photo taken from here

No comments: